Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What I Made Wednesday {A Harry Potter Birthday Party: An Introduction}


For the past several weeks I've shared with you some great recipes for my W.I.M. Wednesday posts. Crafting posts have taken a back seat because I've been busy "doing" instead of "typing", even though my efforts haven't surfaced, yet, at this level. Why? It's my son's 10th birthday party celebration and the theme this year is The Wonderful Wizarding World of Harry Potter (for those of you who guessed right, good job). We've been working like mad getting this party together and I can't wait to share the details with you, but the party hasn't happened, yet: Saturday is the big day!

Source
Although you wouldn't know it from my recent W.I.M. Wednesday posts, trust me, a whole lot of crafting has been going on behind this screen. For the last couple of months each day had us either making chocolate frogs, creating Honeydukes boxes, whittling wood wands, making a Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade replica in our garage, or detailing potions and spells, you name it!

I'll be sharing all our efforts and details with you over the next several W.I.M. Wednesdays and even if you're not into Harry Potter, I think you'll still be amazed at the extent of detail we've put into this decade birthday celebration.


It's so big, it needed an introductory post! Wish us luck this Saturday!

 

2 comments:

Suzan Wood-Young said...

That sounds amazing Lilly. I can't wait to see the results. I'm sure they'll be brilliant!

Anonymous said...

I would say May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor - but that is the wrong book series!! ;)

I know it will be amazing, Lilly. Can't wait to see the photos.

xoxo michele

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design