Friday, December 23, 2011

Goodbye Week. Hello Weekend. Lessons Learned: Take 26.

Goodbye Christmas preparations of yummy cookies, wrapping gifts, burning the Yule log in the fireplace, and sweeping the dirt under rugs (there's just not enough time to be perfect).

Goodbye best ever gingerbread house creation - great job, my boy!

Goodbye jam-packed days of fun, fun, fun since Winter Break began, with friends new and old - whew.

Goodbye best foot massage ever given by my selfless, caring, giving little boy (OK, not so little, he's 9).

Goodbye hectic days, late nights, week of work for hubby - his busiest time of year. (Other than being a mom, owning your own business is the hardest, but most rewarding job out there, I think.)
Hello excitement for the Big Day and having to practice patience for just a couple more days.

Hello getting ready to share our home with family and friends - I love the way the house over fills with love and good cheer.

Hello new dessert I'll be trying for the first time. If it turns out well, I'll be sure to share.

Hello reflecting above us, staring into the starry night, and finding the brightest star out there, remembering the guiding star that led the Wise Men to witness the Miracle we celebrate.

Hello feeling peaceful and happy this holiday season, for life really is good.

I must be in the Holiday Zone to receive this lesson because it came out of no where and rings so true. I learned I should approach every day as if it were Christmas morning, with anticipation, excitement, and hope of good things to come.

My friends, I wish you all the merriment and good cheer Christmas brings. My hope is that you are surrounded by warmth and love from family and friends, not just on Christmas Day, but every day.
Merry Christmas.
Get this free printable, here.

4 comments:

Brunella said...

Lily! :) and family.
Merry Christmas and big hug
Brunella

I am LOVD said...

Merry Christmas to you, too, dear, sweet, beautiful Brunella – the most wonderful woman in all of Italy!

The Cheese Thief said...

I can't wait til Avery is old enough to give me a foot massage. My husband won't go near my feet. :P

Have a Merry Christmas. Wishing you and your family peace, love, joy and laughter.

Kendra said...

Love that printable! Merry Christmas!

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design